Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant is a key member of the HR team who will collaborate closely with the Director in all areas of HR and will have a significant role in implementing and maintaining Helmsley’s HR programs and services. Responsibilities include assisting with the recruiting process, managing on-boarding process for new hires; maintaining employee files; managing Outlook calendar, making travel arrangements, gathering research or querying in-house resources in support of Helmsley and Human Resources efforts, preparing templates, assisting with or coordinating special projects, completing expense reports, proof-reading, and other administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with recruitment efforts and coordinate job postings, screenings, and interviews.
- Assist with onboarding.
- Maintain records, reports, and logs for prospective and hired employees in accordance with organizational and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain PTO and employee time sheet records.
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel records.
- Maintain and organize relevant Helmsley and department files
- Manage calendars and contacts, schedule appointments, and make travel arrangements.
- Maintain to-do and follow up lists for key initiatives.
- Draft, edit correspondence and produce for signature.
- Set up documents to generate presentations, analysis, reports, and letters.
- Coordinate or assist with special projects.
- Assist executives and other staff members on an ad hoc basis and perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources or Office Operations support.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- An unquestioned track record demonstrating sound judgment, integrity and ethics; strong character who will quickly gain the trust of others.
- Unquestioned ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel) and Windows 7.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and to work under deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must thrive in the team setting, but work well independently and self-sufficiently.
Send resume (in Word or PDF format) and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Human Resources Assistant” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives. Since beginning active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $1.5 billion for a wide range of charitable purposes. Learn more about Helmsley at www.helmsleytrust.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.