Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources (“HR”) Manager is responsible for coordinating the overall administration of HR programs and responsibilities. The HR Manager will also have responsibility for recruiting, policy planning and implementation, compensation analyses, and reporting. The HR Manager is part of a five person team and reports to the Director of HR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates all HR activities, ensuring that all activities are well-planned and deadlines are met.
- Coordinates department records and reports including compensation models and regulatory filings.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, non-exempt and temporary workers; writes and posts job descriptions; works with managers to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checks.
- Manages new hire on-boarding process, maintains HR data, and manages paperwork associated with change requests, new hires, and exits, in close cooperation with Finance, Payroll and Office Operations.
- Prepares and provides HR communications and presentations to staff
- Ensures compliance with all applicable HR-related government regulations in coordination with Legal.
- Completes benefit surveys and censuses.
- Is knowledgeable of and assists with implementation of employment policies and procedures. Assists with annual review and update of Employee Manual.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem solver; operates with highest degree of integrity; collaborates with senior management and Director of HR to proactively resolve employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience in recruiting and HR administration.
- Knowledge of current HR practices, pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefit programs.
- Professional in Human Resources certification preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven HR strategist with a track record of developing sophisticated financial models and analytics to track costs and payments for compensation.
- An unquestioned track record demonstrating sound judgment, integrity and ethics; a person of strong character who will quickly gain the trust of others.
- Unquestioned ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel) and Windows 7.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and to work under deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must thrive in the team setting, but work well independently and self-sufficiently.
Send resume (in Word or PDF format) and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “HR Manager” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives. Since beginning active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $1.5 billion for a wide range of charitable purposes. Learn more about Helmsley at www.helmsleytrust.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.