Information Technology Assistant, Business Application Technology
The Information Technology Assistant is an integral part of the IT team and has an end-user focus. He/she may be the first line of response to provide desktop support for hardware and software issues. The Assistant will also work with end users to implement the rollout of new hardware, software, apps and security measures. The IT Assistant reports to the Director of Business Application Technology and works with all department and program staff as well as outside service providers.
- Set up workstations and peripheral devices;
- Troubleshoot computer hardware (desktops, laptops, monitors, keyboards, docking stations, mice, etc.) issues;
- Escalate issues as appropriate to outside service provider or Director of IT to ensure prompt resolution;
- Provide orientation and guidance to new users on operating hardware and accessing necessary business applications; and
- Support rollout of new software, apps, and security measures.
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or other relevant position;
- Understanding of diverse computer platforms, e.g., laptops, desktops, mobile devices;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows 7 and/or 10 in a domain environment;
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability commensurate with working in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to meet deadlines with strong planning, organization, and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a clear, concise manner that is understandable by all staff members;
- Must thrive in a team setting and work well independently and self-sufficiently;
- Sense of humor, an upbeat attitude under pressure, and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles a plus;
- Degree in Information Technology or relevant field preferred; and
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
The position is based at Helmsley’s main office in New York City. Send resume (in Word or PDF format) and cover letter to email@example.com. Include “IT Assistant” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives. Since beginning its active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $1.5 billion for a wide range of charitable purposes. For more information on Helmsley, visit www.helmsleytrust.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.